Hi Readers and Viewers
Thanks for your support!
As promised, I am coming up with a new series #TGIF. It took some time to decide upon a name. I will be releasing episodes every friday starting 8th November 2019. Today is just the teaser and my thoughts.
In this series we will be covering everything flow mainly the following:
- Working with Flow
- Most common queries/filters
- No code only
- When and how
- Integration scenarios
- Business use cases
- All about flow and everything about flow except coding
Do watch the teaser here:
Let’s keep sharing!
Hello Readers and Viewers
As User Group organisers, it becomes difficult for us to track the attendance of participants mostly due to the format of the meeting. In our last week’s UG we were prepared to break the ice and created an app to check in attendees.
Following is what you can do with the app:
- Register attendees as members
- Update member details
- Check In attendees
- Draw Raffle (if and when it’s available)
What can you get out of it:
- Track the attendance of your members
- If members are not regular, send them a survey for what they want to see
- Send them a FormsPro survey to get feedback
- Keep member details up to date
- Instead of drawing raffle the conventional way, use PowerApps
Update Details and Check In
Note: Check In form is hidden, so members don’t have to fill in date, UG and their name again
Note: Shuffle formula and collection is used for Raffle draw
Data Source: OneDrive (Excel Web)
Tables used: Registered Members and Checked In Members to draw raffle
If you’re a User Group leader and want to use this app; you don’t really have to make any changes except for the connection and start using it. I have uploaded it on github. More instructions on there:
Watch the youtube demo here:
Subscribe to my channel and follow my blog.
Let’s keep sharing!
Hello Readers & Viewers
In this video, i am showing ‘How to send an email with information from Opportunity Close form, using MS Flows?’. This flow will also help you to update opportunities from opportunity close form, it’s the same concept.
Many of you might know that using the native workflow functionality of Dynamics 365 you can’t achieve this; as ‘opportunity close’ is not in the entity list of workflows. Opportunity close is a type of activity and ‘Activities’ are also not available in the workflow entity list except for a few common one’s like calls, email, tasks, appointments etc.
Doesn’t matter, does it?
With Microsoft Flows you can achieve this and you can do things like:
- Send an email on opportunity close
- Send an email on opportunity close with information from opportunity close form
- Update an opportunity from opportunity close form
We used to do all this with a plugin earlier and now its so easy.
Watch the video here:
Hope it helps!